Re: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-rtgwg-backoff-algo-07

Elwyn Davies <elwynd@dial.pipex.com> Tue, 20 February 2018 13:42 UTC

Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 13:29:20 +0000
Subject: Re: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-rtgwg-backoff-algo-07
From: Elwyn Davies <elwynd@dial.pipex.com>
To: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <acee@cisco.com>, "gen-art@ietf.org" <gen-art@ietf.org>
Cc: "draft-ietf-rtgwg-backoff-algo.all@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-rtgwg-backoff-algo.all@ietf.org>, "ietf@ietf.org" <ietf@ietf.org>, "rtgwg@ietf.org" <rtgwg@ietf.org>

Hi.
Thanks for the response.
Couple of points:- Where I have suggested lower case 'recommended' it is because they are not normatively enforceable - they are operational decisions that don't affect the bits on the wire.  There are a couple of others I missed (see recent DISCUSS).- s1, para 2: Try 'happening' instead of 'eventuating'.
s1, para 2:' Jargon 'removal':  BTW I wasn't suggesting removing the rest of the sentence (after 'and') - the comment on micro-loops is definitely helpful.
s8: I wasn't trying to suggest that the algorithms described using the other terms would be replaced, but merely that the document  provides an alternative way of implementing the concepts but with different names.
I'll await the new version.
Cheers,Elwyn

Sent from Samsung tablet.
-------- Original message --------From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <acee@cisco.com> Date: 16/02/2018  18:39  (GMT+00:00) To: Elwyn Davies <elwynd@dial.pipex.com>, gen-art@ietf.org Cc: draft-ietf-rtgwg-backoff-algo.all@ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org, rtgwg@ietf.org Subject: Re: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-rtgwg-backoff-algo-07
Hi Elwyn,

Also thank you much for your editorial comments. I must say I'm surprised that we didn’t catch some of these before. We will adopt most of them. One thing I'm not clear on is why you believe we should change RECOMMENDED to lowercase in the deployment recommendations. Unless convinced otherwise, we'll leave this for the IESG to decide. See inline.