Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-rtgwg-uloop-delay-07: (with COMMENT)

Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com> Thu, 12 October 2017 04:13 UTC

From: Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-rtgwg-uloop-delay@ietf.org, rtgwg-chairs@ietf.org, chrisbowers.ietf@gmail.com, rtgwg@ietf.org
Subject: Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-rtgwg-uloop-delay-07: (with COMMENT)
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 21:13:04 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-rtgwg-uloop-delay-07: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-uloop-delay/

COMMENT:

(Oops, sorry, I entered the bit about addressing my comments for the wrong
draft.)

- General: Do I undertand correctly that this is a black-box implementation
detail? I note that section 4 explicitly says that it is a local-only feature
that does not require interoperability. If so, then standards track seems
inappropriate. BCP or informational seems to make more sense. Since there are
recommendations here, I think BCP is the right choice.  (I note Adam made a
similar comment.)

-11: Do you expect this section to stay in the RFC? It is likely to become
outdated rather quickly.

Editorial Comments:

- General: Please number the tables.

- sections 2 and 3 and their child sections have quite a few grammar errors.
Please proofread it again. I mention a few specifics below, but doubt I caught
everything.

- 2, first paragraph: " That means that all non-D neighbors of S on the
topology will send to S any traffic destined to D if a neighbor did not, then
that neighbor would be loop-free." I can't parse that sentence. Is it a run-on
sentence, or are there missing words? -- S / "can be work" / "can work"

-3: " may cause high damages for a network."
I suggest " may cause significant network damage".

-4, last paragraph: "This benefit comes at the expense of eliminating transient
forwarding loops involving the local router. " How is that an "expense"? Isn't
it the whole point?

-5.3, first paragraph and paragraph before figure 4:
The MUST is stated twice. Please avoid redundant normative statements. Even if
they agree now, they can cause maintenance issues down the road.