From nobody Mon Jan 24 12:52:20 2022
Return-Path: <martin.h.duke@gmail.com>
X-Original-To: rum@ietfa.amsl.com
Delivered-To: rum@ietfa.amsl.com
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1])
 by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 6778B3A0C25;
 Mon, 24 Jan 2022 12:52:14 -0800 (PST)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at amsl.com
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: -2.097
X-Spam-Level: 
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-2.097 tagged_above=-999 required=5
 tests=[BAYES_00=-1.9, DKIM_SIGNED=0.1, DKIM_VALID=-0.1,
 DKIM_VALID_AU=-0.1, DKIM_VALID_EF=-0.1, FREEMAIL_FROM=0.001,
 HTML_MESSAGE=0.001, SPF_HELO_NONE=0.001, SPF_PASS=-0.001,
 URIBL_BLOCKED=0.001] autolearn=ham autolearn_force=no
Authentication-Results: ietfa.amsl.com (amavisd-new); dkim=pass (2048-bit key)
 header.d=gmail.com
Received: from mail.ietf.org ([4.31.198.44])
 by localhost (ietfa.amsl.com [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024)
 with ESMTP id cMlHuFv_tMP5; Mon, 24 Jan 2022 12:52:10 -0800 (PST)
Received: from mail-vk1-xa30.google.com (mail-vk1-xa30.google.com
 [IPv6:2607:f8b0:4864:20::a30])
 (using TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 (128/128 bits))
 (No client certificate requested)
 by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTPS id E3F5C3A0C02;
 Mon, 24 Jan 2022 12:52:09 -0800 (PST)
Received: by mail-vk1-xa30.google.com with SMTP id w17so6899856vko.9;
 Mon, 24 Jan 2022 12:52:09 -0800 (PST)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20210112; 
 h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to
 :cc; bh=L44R+A8naY85UD7QeQJ7CCAmVzk4aWY5nG5apX2F1sE=;
 b=NfYhTQOhuzTlFr4vmwwh1bBcmi+RX6YvZetd8GrLIL1iQ2T7zMjNMYvRTrd6wippfw
 MfeGFEbzVaJAbpSQuJLKEFFMwOdGzPu4+l8Lpk61ZG6tM2D3HwZw7fawpjo0qq/vY2wc
 UoFZw/2Ay6mh/1YQTEyR/6YoCuYkk5Pd2aDCx9aXOJ1HDUQxGomCJKrjTPIRXAdH5w4t
 3rwl38DEovmE0nU3Edr9Cj3IIp+ERFFnL2x+D2CzT8emK8dvei+DqOmnZbbWxJqoXAUD
 gdMbo6GPxBMGvangsi9swFgImYTmZ3fKOwZFh1KMzecrg0qFfcC2g4/zMxTu5DA3uISm
 7Orw==
X-Google-DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
 d=1e100.net; s=20210112;
 h=x-gm-message-state:mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date
 :message-id:subject:to:cc;
 bh=L44R+A8naY85UD7QeQJ7CCAmVzk4aWY5nG5apX2F1sE=;
 b=qrknyKEbGBQeHBHg5mR6F6su+/A5ygTc2Gk4kEFNY/IKfS7/wMin7gLpwvl03AmHKQ
 QeUWmM8suVK/mC9rNmFrfeBtxQfrv1FSLimjiIMtXJIKp04oKQiBoxTG+/3lD/uHljuj
 BvXkw/hr6zAZaOonI+Tjk28/x46cFVkT+T+Bt00g4NvqmUj6H+JITVEFLWpppA4walT0
 tylowg46CMVrOMTR081D3rGM4T0OyTrPu94KJ5YTD4vSc/Qq+RC9LyjrclCKmh6iK3JC
 wZ7xqVQ/8Yx+rydnLmAA1iCk7R0YjhTq+X++81co2tRokjPGoR18SZ1it99YbGT85NdX
 JP0A==
X-Gm-Message-State: AOAM5318kSSLG7jaL7zKimOnd2Rk1G4ERjTTmlW3Y6VLzTF+AbclCJZo
 XmFGVs8/II3GsSqyYtD2OUZme3nD44ltTeDcKyZ6kxsE
X-Google-Smtp-Source: ABdhPJykpBIIBZTlzBdB+PuTV8YoqKofuk5ToGt7pVGZBoWiM/F+hc/vXdtgQ6Y3dDka6gAKf+Gunn4rSeHdv/A7Kso=
X-Received: by 2002:a05:6122:130a:: with SMTP id
 e10mr3205248vkp.39.1643057527959; 
 Mon, 24 Jan 2022 12:52:07 -0800 (PST)
MIME-Version: 1.0
References: <163890001133.3603.6708235729467005454@ietfa.amsl.com>
 <47D5FC0F-129A-4227-8280-5DDC2D486BFB@brianrosen.net>
 <CAM4esxQ_rP_OMf7OoN4jZYxgvOS+7dtMTCCPk=UaO6La0b2mAA@mail.gmail.com>
 <66F541E4-3415-49A8-A4C6-577F179A295E@brianrosen.net>
In-Reply-To: <66F541E4-3415-49A8-A4C6-577F179A295E@brianrosen.net>
From: Martin Duke <martin.h.duke@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 12:51:56 -0800
Message-ID: <CAM4esxTtyDxFiDLRy8rGsUBdCzANK41iy67GmzzM-9_U32S7rg@mail.gmail.com>
To: Brian Rosen <br@brianrosen.net>
Cc: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, draft-ietf-rum-rue@ietf.org, rum-chairs@ietf.org,
 rum@ietf.org, Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@alum.mit.edu>
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0000000000004cb5d305d65a242d"
Archived-At: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/rum/vw4gmpcaW6v4xxGXZGsGHWkdUiI>
Subject: Re: [Rum] Martin Duke's Discuss on draft-ietf-rum-rue-09: (with
 DISCUSS and COMMENT)
X-BeenThere: rum@ietf.org
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.29
Precedence: list
List-Id: Relay User Machine <rum.ietf.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/options/rum>,
 <mailto:rum-request@ietf.org?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Archive: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/rum/>
List-Post: <mailto:rum@ietf.org>
List-Help: <mailto:rum-request@ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rum>,
 <mailto:rum-request@ietf.org?subject=subscribe>
X-List-Received-Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 20:52:15 -0000

--0000000000004cb5d305d65a242d
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Yep, cleared, thanks.

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 6:51 AM Brian Rosen <br@brianrosen.net> wrote:

> I submitted a -10 which I hope addresses your issues.
>
> Brian
>
>
> On Jan 4, 2022, at 7:06 PM, Martin Duke <martin.h.duke@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Brian,
>
> Thanks for clearing things up! Replies inline.
>
> Besides the already-proposed changes, the main action item is my scope
> followup question to #3.
>
> On Thu, Dec 23, 2021 at 12:14 PM Brian Rosen <br@brianrosen.net> wrote:
>
>> Thank you for your comments.  Please see inline
>>
>> On Dec 7, 2021, at 1:00 PM, Martin Duke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.or=
g>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Martin Duke has entered the following ballot position for
>> draft-ietf-rum-rue-09: Discuss
>>
>> When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
>> email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
>> introductory paragraph, however.)
>>
>>
>> Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions=
/
>> for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.
>>
>>
>> The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
>> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rum-rue/
>>
>>
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> DISCUSS:
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Thanks to Bernard Adoba for the TSVART review. It largely informs my
>> DISCUSS.
>>
>> 1. If I understand correctly, this draft is not at all about
>> interoperating
>> with a WebRTC endpoint, instead borrowing some requirements from that
>> family of
>> specs rather than re-inventing the wheel. That's great, but putting that
>> explicitly in the intro would be helpful.
>>
>> Not quite.  I propose the following additional information in the media
>> section where WebRTC specs are discussed:
>> To use WebRTC with this document, a gateway that presents a WebRTC serve=
r
>> interface towards a browser, and a RUE client interface towards a provid=
er
>> is assumed.  The gateway would interwork signaling, and as noted below,
>> interwork at least any real time text media, in order to allow a standar=
d
>> browser baed WebRTC client to be a VRS client.  The combination of the
>> browser client and the gateway would be a RUE user.
>>
>> 2. In particular, the statement that RUE is a "non-browser endpoint" is
>> confusing if it's not actually meant to interoperate with WebRTC. I
>> *think*
>> you're attempting to distinguish between WebRTC's browser-only
>> requirements and
>> endpoint requirements, but I could be wrong here.
>>
>> See above, but I still may have to just remove that =E2=80=9Cnon browser
>> endpoint=E2=80=9D text, because it=E2=80=99s confusing people.
>>
>>
> OK, I look forward to seeing the new text.
>
>>
>> 3. In Section 5.5, you require conformance with RFC8835 with a few vague=
ly
>> worded exceptions. It would be helpful to actually go through that
>> document
>> enumerate exactly which normative statements in 8835 do not apply. That
>> said,
>> I'm not sure I agree with Bernard that 8835 requires *use* of ICE, rathe=
r
>> than
>> support, but maybe we can clarify this in the TSVART thread.
>>
>> The only reference to 8835 reads:
>> Implementations MUST conform to [RFC8835] except for its guidance on the
>> WebRTC data channel, which this specification does not use.
>>
>> I have looked carefully at all mentions of =E2=80=9Cdata channel=E2=80=
=9D in 8835 and it
>> seems really obvious what does and doesn=E2=80=99t apply.  Here is an ex=
ample:
>>
>>    For data transport over the WebRTC data channel [RFC8831 <https://dat=
atracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8831>], WebRTC
>>    endpoints MUST support SCTP over DTLS over ICE.  This encapsulation
>>    is specified in [RFC8261 <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc82=
61>].  Negotiation of this transport in the
>>    Session Description Protocol (SDP) is defined in [RFC8841 <https://da=
tatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8841>].  The SCTP
>>    extension for I-DATA [RFC8260 <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/=
rfc8260>] MUST be supported.
>>
>>    The setup protocol for WebRTC data channels described in [RFC8832 <ht=
tps://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8832>]
>>    MUST be supported.
>>
>>
>> None of it applies.  It might not be quite as obvious that because the
>> above doesn=E2=80=99t apply, there is no SCTP requirement, but do you th=
ink we need
>> to say that, given that the only discussion of SCTP is in relation to th=
e
>> data channel?
>> I could call out each one of the data channel statements, but it really
>> does seem superfluous.
>>
>
> The scope of this isn't clear to me. I would imagine the WebRTC end of th=
e
> gateway *does* support the webRTC data channel standards, yes? So the
> gateway that you specify in this document is translating the WebRTC data
> channel into the Section 6.2 data channel.
>
> Aside from the scoping question,  I'm struggling to find economical
> alternative wording that makes it clearer. So I'm OK with keeping the 883=
5
> "data channel" exception.
>
>
>>
>> 4. As Bernard points out, this ambiguity extends to IPv4 and 6 support.
>> The
>> 8835 requirements are specific to browsers, so they might not apply. If
>> you
>> require support for both, but not necessarily on the same device, it
>> would be
>> good to say so.
>>
>>
>> We require support for IPv4 and IPv6 expressly.  We say:
>> Implementations MUST support IPv4 and IPv6.  Dual stack support is NOT
>> required and provider implementations MAY support separate interfaces fo=
r
>> IPv4 and IPv6 by having more than one server in the appropriate SRV reco=
rd
>> where there is either an A or AAAA record in each server DNS record but =
not
>> both.  The same version of IP MUST be used for both signaling and media =
of
>> a call unless ICE [RFC8445] is used, in which case candidates may
>> explicitly offer IPv4, IPv6 or both for any media stream.
>>
>> If there is any conflict between that and 8835, I don=E2=80=99t see it.
>>
>
> Sorry I missed that text somehow!
>
>>
>> 5. In Sec. 6, it says "This specification adopts the media specification=
s
>> for
>> WebRTC ([RFC8825])." Is this a normative statement? Must RUEs comply wit=
h
>> the
>> entirety of that document, or is this an informative statement and the
>> real
>> requirements are in the subsections of Sec 6? From the discussion, it
>> sounds
>> like you want to include the requirements for WebRTC "endpoints", but no=
t
>> for
>> WebRTC "browsers". It would help to clarify all this.
>>
>> We=E2=80=99re not requiring anything normative from 8825 I think.  Only =
the parts
>> we expressly state. I could add: =E2=80=9Cexplicit requirements from the=
 WebRTC
>> suite of documents are described below=E2=80=9D.
>>
>
> I think that would improve clarity.
>
>>
>> It's also possible that my initial understanding is incorrect, in which
>> case
>> the later points don't make any sense and some explanatory text is neede=
d.
>>
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> COMMENT:
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Thanks for your work to make the internet more accessible for all.
>>
>>
>

--0000000000004cb5d305d65a242d
Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Yep, cleared, thanks.</div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">=
<div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 6:51 AM Brian=
 Rosen &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:br@brianrosen.net">br@brianrosen.net</a>&gt; w=
rote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0p=
x 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div style=
=3D"overflow-wrap: break-word;">I submitted a -10 which I hope addresses yo=
ur issues.<div><br></div><div>Brian</div><div><br><div><br><blockquote type=
=3D"cite"><div>On Jan 4, 2022, at 7:06 PM, Martin Duke &lt;<a href=3D"mailt=
o:martin.h.duke@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">martin.h.duke@gmail.com</a>&gt=
; wrote:</div><br><div><div dir=3D"ltr" style=3D"font-family:Helvetica;font=
-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-variant-caps:normal;font-weight:normal;le=
tter-spacing:normal;text-align:start;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;wh=
ite-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;text-decoration:none"><div>Hi Brian,</div=
><div><br></div><div>Thanks for clearing things up! Replies inline.</div><d=
iv><br></div><div>Besides the already-proposed changes, the main action ite=
m is my scope followup question to #3.</div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">=
<div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Thu, Dec 23, 2021 at 12:14 PM Bria=
n Rosen &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:br@brianrosen.net" target=3D"_blank">br@brian=
rosen.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=
=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding=
-left:1ex"><div>Thank you for your comments.=C2=A0 Please see inline<br><di=
v><br><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div>On Dec 7, 2021, at 1:00 PM, Martin Duk=
e via Datatracker &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:noreply@ietf.org" target=3D"_blank"=
>noreply@ietf.org</a>&gt; wrote:</div><br><div><div>Martin Duke has entered=
 the following ballot position for<br>draft-ietf-rum-rue-09: Discuss<br><br=
>When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all<br>e=
mail addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this<br>i=
ntroductory paragraph, however.)<br><br><br>Please refer to<span>=C2=A0</sp=
an><a href=3D"https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/" ta=
rget=3D"_blank">https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/</=
a><br>for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT position=
s.<br><br><br>The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found=
 here:<br><a href=3D"https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rum-rue/" =
target=3D"_blank">https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rum-rue/</a><=
br><br><br><br>------------------------------------------------------------=
----------<br>DISCUSS:<br>-------------------------------------------------=
---------------------<br><br>Thanks to Bernard Adoba for the TSVART review.=
 It largely informs my DISCUSS.<br><br>1. If I understand correctly, this d=
raft is not at all about interoperating<br>with a WebRTC endpoint, instead =
borrowing some requirements from that family of<br>specs rather than re-inv=
enting the wheel. That&#39;s great, but putting that<br>explicitly in the i=
ntro would be helpful.<br></div></div></blockquote>Not quite.=C2=A0 I propo=
se the following additional information in the media section where WebRTC s=
pecs are discussed:</div><div>To use WebRTC with this document, a gateway t=
hat presents a WebRTC server interface towards a browser, and a RUE client =
interface towards a provider is assumed.=C2=A0=C2=A0The gateway would inter=
work=C2=A0signaling, and as noted below, interwork at least any real time t=
ext media, in order to allow a standard browser baed WebRTC client to be a =
VRS client.=C2=A0=C2=A0The combination of the browser client=C2=A0and the g=
ateway would be a RUE user.<br><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div><div>2. In pa=
rticular, the statement that RUE is a &quot;non-browser endpoint&quot; is<b=
r>confusing if it&#39;s not actually meant to interoperate with WebRTC. I *=
think*<br>you&#39;re attempting to distinguish between WebRTC&#39;s browser=
-only requirements and<br>endpoint requirements, but I could be wrong here.=
<br></div></div></blockquote>See above, but I still may have to just remove=
 that =E2=80=9Cnon browser endpoint=E2=80=9D text, because it=E2=80=99s con=
fusing people.</div><div><br></div></div></blockquote><div><br></div><div>O=
K, I look forward to seeing the new text.=C2=A0=C2=A0</div><blockquote clas=
s=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid r=
gb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div><div><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div>=
<div><br>3. In Section 5.5, you require conformance with RFC8835 with a few=
 vaguely<br>worded exceptions. It would be helpful to actually go through t=
hat document<br>enumerate exactly which normative statements in 8835 do not=
 apply. That said,<br>I&#39;m not sure I agree with Bernard that 8835 requi=
res *use* of ICE, rather than<br>support, but maybe we can clarify this in =
the TSVART thread.<br></div></div></blockquote>The only reference to 8835 r=
eads:</div><div>Implementations MUST conform to [RFC8835]=C2=A0except for i=
ts guidance on the WebRTC data channel, which this specification does not u=
se.=C2=A0</div><div><br></div><div>I have looked carefully at all mentions =
of =E2=80=9Cdata channel=E2=80=9D in 8835 and it seems really obvious what =
does and doesn=E2=80=99t apply.=C2=A0 Here is an example:</div><div><br></d=
iv><div><pre style=3D"font-size:13.3333px;margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;=
font-variant-ligatures:normal">   For data transport over the WebRTC data c=
hannel [<a href=3D"https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8831" title=3D"=
&quot;WebRTC Data Channels&quot;" target=3D"_blank">RFC8831</a>], WebRTC
   endpoints MUST support SCTP over DTLS over ICE.  This encapsulation
   is specified in [<a href=3D"https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc826=
1" title=3D"&quot;Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) Encapsulation of=
 SCTP Packets&quot;" target=3D"_blank">RFC8261</a>].  Negotiation of this t=
ransport in the
   Session Description Protocol (SDP) is defined in [<a href=3D"https://dat=
atracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8841" title=3D"&quot;Session Description Prot=
ocol (SDP) Offer/Answer Procedures for Stream Control Transmission Protocol=
 (SCTP) over Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) Transport&quot;" targ=
et=3D"_blank">RFC8841</a>].  The SCTP
   extension for I-DATA [<a href=3D"https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/r=
fc8260" title=3D"&quot;Stream Schedulers and User Message Interleaving for =
the Stream Control Transmission Protocol&quot;" target=3D"_blank">RFC8260</=
a>] MUST be supported.

   The setup protocol for WebRTC data channels described in [<a href=3D"htt=
ps://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8832" title=3D"&quot;WebRTC Data Chan=
nel Establishment Protocol&quot;" target=3D"_blank">RFC8832</a>]
   MUST be supported.
</pre><div><br></div></div><div>None of it applies.=C2=A0 It might not be q=
uite as obvious that because the above doesn=E2=80=99t apply, there is no S=
CTP requirement, but do you think we need to say that, given that the only =
discussion of SCTP is in relation to the data channel?</div><div>I could ca=
ll out each one of the data channel statements, but it really does seem sup=
erfluous.<br></div></div></blockquote><div><br></div><div>The scope of this=
 isn&#39;t clear to me. I would imagine the WebRTC end of the gateway *does=
* support the webRTC data channel standards, yes? So the gateway that you s=
pecify in this document is translating the WebRTC data channel into the Sec=
tion 6.2 data channel.</div><div><br></div><div>Aside from the scoping ques=
tion,=C2=A0 I&#39;m struggling to find economical alternative wording that =
makes it clearer. So I&#39;m OK with keeping the 8835 &quot;data channel&qu=
ot; exception.</div><div>=C2=A0</div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" styl=
e=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);paddin=
g-left:1ex"><div><div><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div><div><br>4. As Bernard=
 points out, this ambiguity extends to IPv4 and 6 support. The<br>8835 requ=
irements are specific to browsers, so they might not apply. If you<br>requi=
re support for both, but not necessarily on the same device, it would be<br=
>good to say so.<br></div></div></blockquote><div><br></div>We require supp=
ort for IPv4 and IPv6 expressly.=C2=A0 We say:</div><div>Implementations MU=
ST support IPv4 and IPv6.=C2=A0=C2=A0Dual stack support is NOT required and=
 provider implementations MAY support separate interfaces for IPv4 and IPv6=
 by having more than one server in=C2=A0the appropriate SRV record where th=
ere is either an A or AAAA record in each server DNS record but not both.=
=C2=A0=C2=A0The same version of IP MUST be used for both signaling and medi=
a of a call unless=C2=A0ICE [RFC8445]=C2=A0is used, in which case candidate=
s may explicitly offer IPv4, IPv6 or both for any media stream.=C2=A0</div>=
<div><br></div><div>If there is any conflict between that and 8835, I don=
=E2=80=99t see it.</div></div></blockquote><div><br></div><div>Sorry I miss=
ed that text somehow!=C2=A0</div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D=
"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-le=
ft:1ex"><div><div><br><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div><div>5. In Sec. 6, it =
says &quot;This specification adopts the media specifications for<br>WebRTC=
 ([RFC8825]).&quot; Is this a normative statement? Must RUEs comply with th=
e<br>entirety of that document, or is this an informative statement and the=
 real<br>requirements are in the subsections of Sec 6? From the discussion,=
 it sounds<br>like you want to include the requirements for WebRTC &quot;en=
dpoints&quot;, but not for<br>WebRTC &quot;browsers&quot;. It would help to=
 clarify all this.<br></div></div></blockquote>We=E2=80=99re not requiring =
anything normative from 8825 I think.=C2=A0 Only the parts we expressly sta=
te. I could add: =E2=80=9Cexplicit requirements from the WebRTC suite of do=
cuments are described below=E2=80=9D.<br></div></div></blockquote><div><br>=
</div><div>I think that would improve clarity.=C2=A0</div><blockquote class=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rg=
b(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div><div><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div><=
div><br>It&#39;s also possible that my initial understanding is incorrect, =
in which case<br>the later points don&#39;t make any sense and some explana=
tory text is needed.<br><br><br>-------------------------------------------=
---------------------------<br>COMMENT:<br>--------------------------------=
--------------------------------------<br><br>Thanks for your work to make =
the internet more accessible for all.</div></div></blockquote></div></div><=
/blockquote></div></div></div></blockquote></div><br></div></div></blockquo=
te></div>

--0000000000004cb5d305d65a242d--

