Subject: [saag] Fwd: Two topics of discussion for the Sec Dispatch session

From: Atul Tulshibagwale <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 13:33:15 +0530

FYI, not sure if this belongs here, or in the secdispatch mailing list (to
which I've sent this email earlier)

There are a couple of topics for which I have been seeking answers. I don't
know if these are appropriate topics for the saag session next week. I will
be attending remotely, and can prepare a presentation for the second point
below if required.

   1. *Errata to RFC 9493* There is an errata required for RFC9493
   <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc9493/> (Subject Identifiers for
   Security Event Tokens). The errata request is here
   <https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid7727>. The errata requests a
   change to the registry created by this RFC, and there was consensus on
   the mailing list
   <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/id-event/-S-MsO2W6PeFF_O5kjP8om-7QNM/>
   that the errata should be accepted and the appropriate change reflected in
   the IANA registry. However, since the WG is completed, there was no clear
   identification of how to go about making these changes. If there is
   discussion required on this topic, we should have it in the meeting in
   Brisbane.
   2. *New PushPull Delivery Proposal* While we currently have specified
   Push delivery (RFC 8935 <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8935>)
   and Poll delivery (RFC 8936
   <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8936>), we are seeing a clear
   requirement in the OpenID Shared Signals Working Group (SSWG) where a
   Transmitter is also a Receiver, and we would like to have a way of
   symmetric asynchronous event delivery. I would like to propose a new spec
   for this, but since the WG is closed, I wanted to know how to go about
   doing this. I realize the date for proposing new ideas for IETF 119 is
   past, but I can propose it after IETF 119 and discuss it in Vancouver. The
   topic I would like to discuss in IETF 119 is: What is the venue to propose
   this new idea for a combined "push and pull" delivery mechanism?

Thanks,
Atul

-- 

<https://sgnl.ai>

Atul Tulshibagwale

CTO

<https://linkedin.com/in/tulshi> <https://twitter.com/zirotrust>
<[email-masked]>