Re: [saag] krb-wg report

Larry Zhu <lzhu@windows.microsoft.com> Thu, 26 March 2009 22:34 UTC

From: Larry Zhu <lzhu@windows.microsoft.com>
To: "saag@ietf.org" <saag@ietf.org>, "ietf-krb-wg@anl.gov" <ietf-krb-wg@anl.gov>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:35:14 -0700
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [saag] krb-wg report

This is a correction to the first paragraph in the Krb-wg report.
Jeff and I discussed this, and have come to the conclusion that the
posted summary suggests that decisions on starttls were made in
the working group meeting on issues which were not decided.

This is due in part to incorporating discussions which occurred in the
Jabber room but not in the meeting proper.  It was also partly due to
my interpretation of certain discussions as reaching a decision,
during a portion of the meeting I was not running.

I did send the summary to Jeff before posting and I somehow missed
out the points where Jeff brought these up in his response.

With that I would like to retract the paragraph on starttls status and
clarify as follows:

 - we did not come to a conclusion on certificate valildation, which is
   a discussion still ongoing on the krb-wg mailing list, but which the
   chairs hope will be resolved soon.

 - we did not come to a conclusion on the question of whether to adopt the
   krb5starttls-bootstrap document or on the separation of features between
   core starttls and -bootstrap.  However, we did collect some input which
   we hope will help us to make a useful proposal for moving forward.

 - The intended status of the starttls document was also not decided and it was
   only discussed briefly in the jabber room.

Thanks,

--larry