Re: [saag] Common labeled security (comment on CALIPSO, labeled NFSv4)

Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com> Sat, 04 April 2009 19:42 UTC

Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 14:39:29 -0400
To: Santosh Chokhani <SChokhani@cygnacom.com>, saag@ietf.org
From: Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com>
Cc: labeled-nfs@linux-nfs.org, nfsv4@ietf.org, nfs-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject: Re: [saag] Common labeled security (comment on CALIPSO, labeled NFSv4)

Santosh:

There may be things that can be kept for this environment, especially
if all of the clients of a particular file system are probably
operating under a single security policy.  If you can eliminate
policy mapping and markings that must be hidden from some clients,
then a subset of the SPIF may be useful.

Russ