Re: [SAM] New Version Notification for draft-irtf-samrg-common-api-05.txt

"John Buford" <buford@samrg.org> Mon, 30 July 2012 21:24 UTC

From: John Buford <buford@samrg.org>
To: 'Matthias Waehlisch' <waehlisch@ieee.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 14:33:59 -0400
Cc: sam@irtf.org
Subject: Re: [SAM] New Version Notification for draft-irtf-samrg-common-api-05.txt

Hi Matthias,

>From earlier comments on -04 version:

Can you indicate in the document whether "sips:" URI scheme is supported or
not.

This typo is now on p. 11 of the -05 draft
>> p. 10 "It group communication services ..."  ?
>>
>  OK, "It _provides_ group communication services ..."

Please indicate in the ID whether Receive must be blocking or non-blocking
or can be either.
>> p. 19 (4.4.2)
>> - is Receive meant to be non-blocking or blocking?
>>
>  It's implemented as blocking.

For IRSG review, please note (per RFC 5743, sec 2.1):

   o  There must be a statement in the abstract identifying it as the
      product of the RG.

   o  There must be a paragraph near the beginning (for example, in the
      introduction) describing the level of support for publication.
      Example text might read: "this document represents the consensus
      of the FOOBAR RG" or "the views in this document were considered
      controversial by the FOOBAR RG but the RG reached a consensus that
      the document should still be published".

   o  The breadth of review the document has received must also be
      noted.  For example, was this document read by all the active
      research group members, only three people, or folks who are not
      "in" the RG but are expert in the area?

   o  It must also be very clear throughout the document that it is not
      an IETF product and is not a standard.

Thanks,
John