[sami] SAMI BoF is rejected.

"Guyingjie (Yingjie)" <guyingjie@huawei.com> Sat, 29 September 2012 01:20 UTC

From: "Guyingjie (Yingjie)" <guyingjie@huawei.com>
To: "sami@ietf.org" <sami@ietf.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 01:19:36 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.138.122.31]
Cc: 'Wesley Eddy' <wes@mti-systems.com>, Martin Stiemerling <martin.stiemerling@neclab.eu>
Subject: [sami] SAMI BoF is rejected.

I am sorry to say that SAMI BoF is rejected by ADs, and the following are the reasons that ADs give to us and my replies to ADs. I think it's better to let the mail list know of the discussion.

Besides, as suggested by ADs, Melinda has made a brief research on BEHAVE, and I talked with an author of draft-xu-behave-nat-state-sync, we think SAMI and BEHAVE has significant difference. The work in BEHAVE is working in Large scale network and Carrier Grade Network, to sync the state between a pair of redundant NATs for High availability reason. While SAMI is working in VM Live migration scenario in DC, and the state is supposed to be transferred between any two middleboxes with same functions, e.g. FWs, who are not supposed to be HA pairs.

Please send any of your comments to the mail list.

Though we are rejected for a BoF, but ADs offer a presentation slot at TSVAREA. Hope to see you there.

Best Regards
Gu Yingjie