Re: [sami] A new draft on state migration use cases is submitted.

chen li <lichen.cmcc@gmail.com> Mon, 10 October 2011 02:31 UTC

Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 10:31:38 +0800
From: chen li <lichen.cmcc@gmail.com>
To: j.schoenwaelder@jacobs-university.de, lium@ruijie.com.cn, sami@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [sami] A new draft on state migration use cases is submitted.

Sun, 9 Oct 2011 18:01:38 +0200 ,j.schoenwaelder wrote:
>The switches really have nothing to do with ACLs sitting in the
hypervisor. Making the switches responsible for migrating the ACLs
seems broken to me.

actually, it's necessroy to deploy vlan ACL on hypervisor.

The introduction of  Virtualization and  cloud computing technologies
brings new characteristics to DC service. One of the most important
features is the  variation of VM location. The basic policy  dealing
with this situation is to migrate related state/parameter information
on network equipment to meet VM's requirements.

During the research we have talked with related providers and network
equipment vendors. We consider this problem to be an question needed
to be handled when providing virtualization based DC services.

And also,we hope the draft can receive more requirements of equipment
state migration besides "DHCP Snooping..." etc.

Li Chen
Research Institute of China Mobile