Re: [scap_interest] Scope of standards potentially moving to IETF

david.oliva@verizon.net Wed, 15 February 2012 16:43 UTC

Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 10:42:34 -0600
From: david.oliva@verizon.net
To: mchernin@dtcc.com, kent_landfield@mcafee.com, scap_interest@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [scap_interest] Scope of standards potentially moving to IETF

Hello all:

I also believe that SCAP can be used worlwide and should be marketted accordingly.
Maybe allowing IETF to endorse them is a good idea.

I just have a few questions.

1.  Would IETF also take a role in validating products?
2.  What mechanisms does IETF provide that encourage the cooperation needed for incorporation future specifications?
3.  How would IETF take into account the input of U.S. Federal agencies in future specifications?

David Oliva