Re: [scap_interest] FW: Just throwing this out there: Compliance Frameworks

Dorian Cougias <dcougias@unifiedcompliance.com> Wed, 15 February 2012 16:08 UTC

Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 08:08:28 -0800
From: Dorian Cougias <dcougias@unifiedcompliance.com>
To: Adam Montville <amontville@tripwire.com>
Cc: cisaacs@unifiedcompliance.com, scap_interest@ietf.org, CCI@disa.mil
Subject: Re: [scap_interest] FW: Just throwing this out there: Compliance Frameworks

We at the UCF believe that we can work together with the IETF, or any other organization, to ensure that our commercial mapping efforts and those performed in the public sector can co-exist and be mutually beneficial to each other's efforts.

Dorian J. Cougias
Compliance Scientist
Unified Compliance Framework

---- On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 06:24:33 -0800 Adam Montville &lt;amontville@tripwire.com&gt; wrote ----

Hello,

If you're not already aware, there is an effort underway to migrate security automation development to the Internet Engineering Task Force. I have proposed that part of that effort seek to expand how frameworks can be represented. I believe that CCI and/or UCF formats may be of use and invite you to join the discussion at scap_interest@itef.org: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/scap_interest.

There is a need to accurately represent frameworks, and I'd like to see DISA and UCF join in the discussion.

If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,

Adam W. Montville | Security and Compliance Architect

Direct: 503 276-7661
Mobile: 360 471-7815

TRIPWIRE | Take CONTROL
http://www.tripwire.com