[Sdn] SDN RG Special Session @ IETF96: Managing Virtualized and Programmable Networks

"King, Daniel" <d.king@lancaster.ac.uk> Mon, 20 June 2016 15:49 UTC

From: "King, Daniel" <d.king@lancaster.ac.uk>
To: "'sdn@irtf.org'" <sdn@irtf.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 15:49:47 +0000
x-originating-ip: [62.203.225.44]
x-iss-local-domain: 1
Cc: Kohei Shiomoto <shiomoto.kohei@lab.ntt.co.jp>
Subject: [Sdn] SDN RG Special Session @ IETF96: Managing Virtualized and Programmable Networks

Dear SDN Researchers,

Our Berlin SDN RG meeting slot will be comprised of a Special Session on  "Managing Virtualized and Programmable Networks". This will be joint session with the NFV RG and NM RG, and replace our usual SDN RG session this time. The call for proposals for this session is below.

Looking forward to Berlin!

BR, Dan & Kohei

Managing Virtualized and Programmable Networks
IETF96 - Berlin
Friday, July 22, 2016
Morning Session I (10am to 12:00noon)

Recognizing the opportunities for cross-fertilization and discussion of ideas between the Research Groups, the NFV, SDN and Network Management RGs are organizing a joint meeting in the week of IETF96 in Berlin.

The goal of the meeting is to investigate the problems, challenges, and gaps in the management and operations of programmable and virtualized networks in order to help develop a more comprehensive and insightful view of future networks.
In particular, we are interested in contributions which relates novel research ideas, achievements and experiences on:

     -Techniques and tools for the management and operation of NFV and SDN networks,
     -How virtualization and programmability impact network management and operations.

The meeting will be organized around a small set of presentations and will keep time to foster an exchange of ideas and a lively debate.

Contributions are expected by Friday 1st July 2016, in the form of a short abstract. You can send these to Kohei and myself and we will liaise with the other RG chairs.

On behalf of the organizers,
    Kohei Shiomoto and Dan King, SDN RG co-chairs,
    Diego Lopez and Ramki Krishnan, NFV RG co-chairs,
    Lisandro Granville and Laurent Ciavaglia, NM RG co-chairs.