[Seamoby] AD: more about draft-ietf-seamoby-cardiscovery-issues-03.txt

Allison Mankin <mankin@psg.com> Sun, 13 October 2002 16:06 UTC

To: seamoby@ietf.org
Cc: kempf@docomolabs-usa.com, pcalhoun@bstormnetworks.com, sob@harvard.edu
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 09:05:56 -0700
From: Allison Mankin <mankin@psg.com>
Subject: [Seamoby] AD: more about draft-ietf-seamoby-cardiscovery-issues-03.txt
Sender: seamoby-admin@ietf.org

Folks,

There was a bit more IESG discussion of
draft-ietf-seamoby-cardiscovery-issues since I wrote to
the list with Steve Bellovin's and my comments.  This note is
to convey the few more IESG comments, which must be addressed by
by the rev of cardiscovery-issues.

The new comments are from Randy Bush.  I interleaved some
guidance as your AD.

The editors of -issues and -requirements* should get their revs
in asap now.  I plan to approve -issues.  IESG won't review it
again.

Here are Randy Bush's IESG comments:

> in sec 3 scenario 2, if
>
>   it is possible that the new AR does not have the capability to
>   support the MN's application. The MN can then be informed about
>   this fact when it is still connected to the current AR.
>
> what the heck might the MN do?  maybe give a clue, e.g., push it up
> the stack and tell the user not to move, advise on which sub-choice
> in direction to move might give the best, though insufficient,
> service, etc.

[My guidance here:  the issues document should note there are issues
 around what to do with a failure of the capability match - this is related
 to the complexity point I raised - the requirements editor needs to
 mention that there is some requirement on this - it's not mentioned.]

> sec 5, might you want to certify MNs, ARs, and APs?  i.e. don't
> allocate resources to an illegitimate MN, detect an intruder AP or
> AR, etc.

[AD: The issues draft should consider how much ARs and APs in CAR
 discovery also certify/authorize the MNs...Steve's request has
 already asked for you to put in issues about certify/authorize/sign
 info on the AR/AP]

Allison