Re: [secdir] Secdir review of draft-turner-md2-to-historic-05

Catherine Meadows <catherine.meadows@nrl.navy.mil> Mon, 18 October 2010 19:09 UTC

From: Catherine Meadows <catherine.meadows@nrl.navy.mil>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:16:08 -0400
To: Sean Turner <turners@ieca.com>
Cc: draft-turner-md2-to-historic.all@tools.ietf.org, iesg@ietf.org, secdir@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [secdir] Secdir review of draft-turner-md2-to-historic-05

Sean,

Yes, this looks much better, although I think that for

Since its publication, MD2 has been shown to not be collision-free
[ROCH1995][KNMA2005][ROCH1997], albeit successful pre-image attacks
for properly implement MD2 are not that damaging.

what you really meant to say was

Since its publication, MD2 has been shown to not be collision-free
[ROCH1995][KNMA2005][ROCH1997], albeit successful collision  attacks
for properly implemented MD2 are not that damaging.

Is that correct?

Cathy