Re: [secdir] Early SecDir Reviews

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Mon, 24 August 2015 20:43 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Russ Housley' <housley@vigilsec.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 16:43:21 -0400
Cc: 'IETF SecDir' <secdir@ietf.org>, 'Kathleen Moriarty' <kathleen.moriarty.ietf@gmail.com>, draft-hares-i2rs-auth-trans.all@ietf.org, draft-mglt-i2rs-security-requirements.all@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [secdir] Early SecDir Reviews

Russ:

Thank you for the answers.   NETCONF had asked specifically regarding these
issues.

On SEC-REQ-09, I2RS WG participants suggested that non-secure transport be
used for publishing telemetry data that was specifically indicated to
non-confidential in the data model.    The configuration of  all aspects of
the I2RS agent from the I2RS client would be done over a secure transport.
The passing of most operational status would be done over a secure
transport.  We even suggested that the data models should clearly annotate
what type of transport the data should be passed over (secure or insecure).

Where do you think it makes sense to put this type of explanation - near
SEC-REQ-09 or in the security considerations section?

Sue