Re: [secdir] SECDIR review of draft-ietf-hokey-key-mgm

"Hoeper Katrin-QWKN37" <khoeper@motorola.com> Wed, 12 August 2009 14:51 UTC

Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 10:47:06 -0400
thread-topic: [secdir] SECDIR review of draft-ietf-hokey-key-mgm
thread-index: AcoZ6RjwgdOHSJLUTSaXyXUToQZhhgAKfEsgAC8KAkAAC4hLEAAXTyvg
From: Hoeper Katrin-QWKN37 <khoeper@motorola.com>
To: Glen Zorn <gwz@net-zen.net>, Glen Zorn <glenzorn@comcast.net>, Kurt Zeilenga <Kurt.Zeilenga@Isode.com>
Cc: draft-ietf-hokey-key-mgm@tools.ietf.org, iesg@ietf.org, secdir@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [secdir] SECDIR review of draft-ietf-hokey-key-mgm

To sum up the previous discussion, here my proposed 3 changes to
draft-ietf-hokey-key-mgm-09.txt to address Kurt's and Glen's comments.
Please let me know if the changes are sufficient.

1.
OLD (Section 5, second paragraph)
In this case, the local ER server requesting the DSRK MUST include a
KDE-Request message in the first EAP-Response message from the peer.

NEW
In this case, the local ER server requesting the DSRK MUST include a
KDE-Request message in the AAA packet encapsulating the first
EAP-Response message from the peer.

2.
OLD (Section 5, third paragraph)
Here, EAP-Initiate and EAP-Finish messages are exchanged between the
peer and the home AAA server, with the bootstrapping flag in the
EAP-Initiate message set. In this case, the local ER server (acting as
KRS) MUST include a KDE-Request message in the AAA message that carries
an EAP-Initiate message with the bootstrapping flag turned on.

NEW
Here, the peer sends an EAP-Initiate message with the bootstrapping flag
turned on. The local ER server (acting as KRS) MUST include a
KDE-Request message in the AAA message that carries the peer's
EAP-Initiate message and sends it to the peer's home AAA server.

3.
OLD (Section 6, first paragraph)
This section provides security requirements and an analysis on
transporting EAP keying material using an AAA protocol.

NEW
This section provides security requirements and a discussion of
distributing RK without peer consent.

Best regards,
Katrin

Re-re-re-reading

(http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-ids/draft-ietf-hokey-key-mgm-09.txt)?

> > Could you please re-check? I am sure your comments still apply, but
I'd