Re: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-forces-model-extension-04

"Haleplidis Evangelos" <ehalep@ece.upatras.gr> Fri, 05 September 2014 23:18 UTC

From: Haleplidis Evangelos <ehalep@ece.upatras.gr>
To: 'Tom Yu' <tlyu@mit.edu>, iesg@ietf.org, secdir@ietf.org, draft-ietf-forces-model-extension.all@tools.ietf.org
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2014 02:18:10 +0300
Subject: Re: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-forces-model-extension-04

Greetings Tom,

Thank you for the review.

Please see inline.

With regards,
Evangelos

[ΕΗ] Actually that specific "DefaultValue" was redundant. I have verified
that and removed from the schema. Thank you for catching this. Now all
defaultValue are consistent.

> Editorial:
>
> I found it difficult to identify the before/after differences in the
> schema fragments, especially when the quoted fragments are large.
> Perhaps someone more familiar with XML schemas would not have this
> difficulty.  I noticed that in some but not all of the schema
> fragments, the "<!-- Extension -->" and <"!-- /Extension -->" comment
> annotations are helpfully used to mark portions of the schema that
> have changed.
> Notably, in Figures 2 and 4, these annotations are missing.  I would
> prefer that changes be shown in a "unified diff" style, but I know
> that is not idiomatic in the RFC format.

[ΕΗ] Fixed figures 2 and 4.

> It would also be a good idea to describe the "<!-- Extension -->"
> annotations in the text, to orient the reader to their use in the
> schema fragments.

[ΕΗ] Done.

> In Figure 4, the indentation seems incorrect and confusing.

[ΕΗ] Fixed, thank you.

> In Figure 5, I found the inclusion of extension annotations in the
> "original" excerpt from the schema to be confusing.  The preceding
> paragraph does provide an explanation, but I wonder if it could be
> more clear.  Figure 1 lacks this issue.

[ΕΗ] Ok. To avoid confusion, I removed the extension from the original
excerpt and changed the text to specify that the new excerpt includes both
extensions.

> In case future documents make further revisions to the schema, perhaps
> the extension comment annotations should include the RFC number of
> this document so that a reader may distinguish which changes took
> place in which documents.

[ΕΗ] That's a very nice suggestion. I will add that. I will add: Extension
RFC XXXX and notify the RFC editor to change when appropriate.