Re: [secdir] SECDIR review of draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-metrics-rationale-02

"Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <Chris.Dearlove@baesystems.com> Wed, 06 March 2013 16:37 UTC

From: "Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <Chris.Dearlove@baesystems.com>
To: Stephen Kent <kent@bbn.com>, secdir <secdir@ietf.org>, "T.Clausen@computer.org" <T.Clausen@computer.org>, "philippe.jacquet@alcatel-lucent.com" <philippe.jacquet@alcatel-lucent.com>, "macker@itd.nrl.navy.mil" <macker@itd.nrl.navy.mil>, "sratliff@cisco.com" <sratliff@cisco.com>, Stewart Bryant <stbryant@cisco.com>, Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 16:37:28 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.109.62.6]
Subject: Re: [secdir] SECDIR review of draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-metrics-rationale-02

Please note that this is not a rationale of OLSRv2.

This is a rationale of how metrics were added to OLSRv2, a small subset of the complete OLSRv2 functionality.

There were of course security considerations in the design of OLSRv2, but this is not that document.

--
Christopher Dearlove
Senior Principal Engineer, Communications Group

BAE Systems (Operations) Limited
Registered in England & Wales No: 1996687