Re: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-decade-problem-statement-05

David Harrington <ietfdbh@comcast.net> Thu, 22 March 2012 12:56 UTC

Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 08:56:21 -0400
From: David Harrington <ietfdbh@comcast.net>
To: Songhaibin <haibin.song@huawei.com>, Leif Johansson <leifj@sunet.se>
Cc: "secdir@ietf.org" <secdir@ietf.org>, Richard Woundy <Richard_Woundy@cable.comcast.com>, "draft-ietf-decade-problem-statement.all@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-decade-problem-statement.all@tools.ietf.org>, "iesg@ietf.org" <iesg@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-decade-problem-statement-05

Hi,

I think the problem is "security issues are part of the problem", not just
part of the solution.

The threats associated with in-network storage should be identified as
part of the problem.
The need to mitigate the threats is part of the requirements.
How to mitigate those threats is part of the solution.

--
David Harrington
Director, Transport Area