Re: [secdir] Review of draft-kato-tls-rfc4132bis-04

Samuel Weiler <weiler@watson.org> Thu, 14 January 2010 14:10 UTC

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:09:53 -0500
From: Samuel Weiler <weiler@watson.org>
To: Hilarie Orman <ho@alum.mit.edu>
Cc: kanno-s@po.ntts.co.jp, kanda.masayuki@lab.ntt.co.jp, akato@po.ntts.co.jp, secdir@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [secdir] Review of draft-kato-tls-rfc4132bis-04

(I'm replying in part to change the Subject line to include the
draft name, since that's how our ADs and others find these reviews.)

And Derek's right about IANA.  For most IANA registries, IANA isn't
supposed to give the assignment until the doc is published.  The TBA
placeholder and future-tense text will get replaced during the
publication cycle when the assignment is made.  Some docs suggest a
particular number to IANA, if only implicitly, but that's not
necessary.

-- Sam