[secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-pwe3-fc-encap-15.txt

Stephen Hanna <shanna@juniper.net> Tue, 29 March 2011 09:35 UTC

From: Stephen Hanna <shanna@juniper.net>
To: "secdir@ietf.org" <secdir@ietf.org>, "iesg@ietf.org" <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 05:31:04 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "draft-ietf-pwe3-fc-encap@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-pwe3-fc-encap@tools.ietf.org>
Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-pwe3-fc-encap-15.txt

This is a follow-up to my secdir review of draft-ietf-pwe3-fc-encap-14.txt,
included below.

I have reviewed the Security Considerations section in the latest version
of this draft: draft-ietf-pwe3-fc-encap-15.txt.

My concerns with the previous version have been resolved and I'm happy
with the new version. It provides good guidance on the security issues
related to the document. The new Security Considerations are still brief
but they now point to several other documents that provide appropriate
guidance. One security issue unique to this document is identified and
mitigation measures are recommended.

>From a security perspective, this document is now ready to go! Thanks
to the document authors for addressing the concerns that I had raised
in a prompt and proper manner.

Take care,

Steve