Subject: [secdir] draft-ietf-netconf-yang-library-augmentedby-14 ietf last call Secdir review
From: Rich Salz via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2026 11:31:05 -0800
List-Id: Security Area Directorate <secdir.ietf.org>

Document: draft-ietf-netconf-yang-library-augmentedby
Title: Augmented-by Addition to the YANG Library
Reviewer: Rich Salz
Review result: Has Nits

Sec 1, para 2. "augment" and "deviations" should be in italics; let the RPC
deal with that. Sec 1, para 4. You must be very proud of that sentence :) Sec
1, para 5. "require now" --> "are now required" or, better, "MUST now be"

Sec 1.2, why single quotes on NDMA? And it *is* the title, not *defined as the*
title.

Sec 2, the motivation is clear.

Sec 3, I like the details of how this solved real problems/complications.

Sec 4.2.1, you could delete the first sentence given the title says the same
thing.

Sec 4.2.2, not sure why we see CODE BEGIN/CODE ENDS markers, leave for the RPC
to fix. Would like to see a blank space between the modules in the code
fragment.

Sec 7. "There are no writable" seems redundant given the next sentence. I would
not split the paragraph at "Specifically, the following ..."