Re: [secdir] SECDIR review: draft-hammer-hostmeta

Eran Hammer-Lahav <eran@hueniverse.com> Sun, 08 August 2010 06:14 UTC

From: Eran Hammer-Lahav <eran@hueniverse.com>
To: Kurt Zeilenga <Kurt.Zeilenga@Isode.com>, IETF <ietf@ietf.org>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 23:15:27 -0700
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "draft-hammer-hostmeta@tools.ietf.org" <draft-hammer-hostmeta@tools.ietf.org>, IESG IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, Security Area Directorate <secdir@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [secdir] SECDIR review: draft-hammer-hostmeta

Thanks for the review.

I will add these points to the security consideration section, but will keep it as a host level document, not service level. This well-known document is appropriate when looking for host metadata, and application choosing to use it, must consider the implications. By itself, host-meta means very little. Applications need to "buy-into" the document (and spell out how to use it) in order for it to have meaning. When doing so, they must consider its implications.

EHL