[secdir] SecDir review of draft-ietf-pce-vendor-constraints

Warren Kumari <warren@kumari.net> Fri, 29 November 2013 22:03 UTC

From: Warren Kumari <warren@kumari.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 17:03:23 -0500
To: "secdir@ietf.org" <secdir@ietf.org>, draft-ietf-pce-vendor-constraints.all@tools.ietf.org
Subject: [secdir] SecDir review of draft-ietf-pce-vendor-constraints

Be ye not afraid...
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat

Version reviewed:
Conveying Vendor-Specific Constraints in the Path Computation
Element communication Protocol
draft-ietf-pce-vendor-constraints-11.txt

Notes: I did *not* perform a formal language check. At a quick glance it looks good though.

Nits: I would like to have a table of contents. This may be a personal preference though….

While performing this review I kept thinking "Mwahaha. This can be used to carry
arbitrary information with any PCEP object that supports TLVs....  I can kvetch about the
DoS potential". But, the authors foiled my plan to rant by mentioning this in the
Security Considerations section and even mentioning a mitigation.
Curses! Foiled again.

Outside of a dog, a book is your best friend, and inside of a dog, it's too dark to read