Re: [secdir] keeping an eye on BoFs...

Yoav Nir <ynir@checkpoint.com> Sun, 07 October 2012 14:44 UTC

From: Yoav Nir <ynir@checkpoint.com>
To: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 16:44:06 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
x-kse-antivirus-interceptor-info: scan successful
x-kse-antivirus-info: Clean
Cc: "secdir@ietf.org" <secdir@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [secdir] keeping an eye on BoFs...

Hi Stephen,

4 of the BoFs this time are security-related (SACM, HTTPAUTH, WKOPS, and CERTRANS), so a lot of us are going to be in those.

Of the rest, I plan to attend FMC and RFCFORM (but I hope there's not going to be a lot of security issues there).

One that I think needs attention is IRS, because the use case draft ( http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-white-irs-use-case-00.html ) talks about deflecting attacks and because of the whole thing, where some external control plane is reading and writing state in a router. I can't attend that, because it conflicts with IPSECME, though.

Yoav