Re: [secdir] Secdir review of draft-ietf-intarea-broadcast-consider-07

Rolf Winter <rolf.winter@hs-augsburg.de> Fri, 19 January 2018 15:20 UTC

To: Vincent Roca <vincent.roca@inria.fr>, IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, secdir@ietf.org, draft-ietf-intarea-broadcast-consider.all@ietf.org
From: Rolf Winter <rolf.winter@hs-augsburg.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 16:20:01 +0100
Subject: Re: [secdir] Secdir review of draft-ietf-intarea-broadcast-consider-07

Hi Vincent,

we have not forgotten about this point. You say about the text that:

"It suggests that because it’s difficult, it won’t be used. This is not
the message the I-D should carry."

The reality today is, that it is not used, even for IETF-specified
protocols it is mostly not specified. We still think about a good way to
phrase it without making a point about this and then having to admit
that the IETF itself has failed at doing it, which would be hypocitical.

Best,

Rolf