Re: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-sipcore-invfix-01

Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com> Wed, 23 June 2010 21:34 UTC

From: Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:34:29 -0500
To: Joseph Salowey <jsalowey@cisco.com>
Cc: iesg@ietf.org, draft-ietf-sipcore-invfix.all@tools.ietf.org, secdir@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-sipcore-invfix-01

Joseph -

As one of the document editors, I'd like to thank you for your review.

As the document notes, the additional state that is being maintained
is necessary for correct operation, and that state is taken on only when
the server has decided to accept the INVITE request with a 200 OK.
The techniques you point to would be useful if applied before getting to
this point, and the concept is called out in the security considerations
section of RFC3261 in section 26.3.2.4. I will suggest adding a pointer
to that section in the security considerations in this document.

Thanks!

RjS