Re: [secdir] [Netconf] FW: secdir review of draft-ietf-netconf-monitoring

"Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)" <mehmet.ersue@nsn.com> Mon, 14 June 2010 08:33 UTC

Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 10:33:36 +0200
From: "Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)" <mehmet.ersue@nsn.com>
To: secdir@ietf.org, iesg@ietf.org, aland@freeradius.org
Cc: "ext Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>, draft-ietf-netconf-monitoring@tools.ietf.org, netconf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [secdir] [Netconf] FW: secdir review of draft-ietf-netconf-monitoring

Dear Alan,

I agree that the security consideration section should inform on the use
of secure transport with NETCONF.
We addressed this issue in the new version of the security
considerations template (see attached mail).

As defined in RFC 4741 NETCONF protocol has to be used on top of a
secure transport and a NETCONF implementation MUST support SSH as secure
transport.

I hope this addresses your request.

Cheers,
Mehmet