Re: [secdir] EU Cyber Security Strategy.

Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> Mon, 28 January 2013 21:02 UTC

Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 21:02:27 +0000
From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
To: Olaf Kolkman <olaf@NLnetLabs.nl>
Cc: IAB IAB <iab@iab.org>, Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@nsn.com>, secdir@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [secdir] EU Cyber Security Strategy.

Hi Olaf,

I think Hannes' answer was right, and there are more security
related BCPs (e.g. BCP107). Would it help to make a list or
can you just say there's a bunch of those and here're some
examples? If the former we can get you a longer list I guess;-)

And I've a question back to you: might it be useful to have
some kind of engagement between the IETF security area and
ENISA and would that be something to bring up in this context?

If a very light form of that was useful we'd be happy to
invite some ENISA person(s) to come to a secdir lunch or give
a talk at a saag session whenever. (Note: I don't mean from
some known IETFer who's done stuff with ENISA but rather
someone from ENISA who's not been to an IETF but might
usefully inhale our fumes;-)

S.