Re: [secdir] SECDIR review of draft-ietf-mpls-forwarding-06

Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu> Wed, 05 February 2014 04:34 UTC

Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 12:34:36 +0800
From: Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>
To: curtis@ipv6.occnc.com, Stephen Kent <kent@bbn.com>
Cc: swallow@cisco.com, samante@apple.com, cpignata@cisco.com, kireeti@juniper.net, secdir <secdir@ietf.org>, agmalis@gmail.com, curtis@occnc.com, rcallon@juniper.net, Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, Stewart Bryant <stbryant@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [secdir] SECDIR review of draft-ietf-mpls-forwarding-06

Curtis,

I had started a mail for this thread suggesting that you add a
reference to RFC 5920. I thought that that should be enough, but
since you have added the 11 bullets (all good) I think this is more
than meet what is required for this draft.

Now, Stephen's idea to document the security aspects of MPLS forwarding
is not bad; but it would require that we had someone sec savvy person to
work with someone that understand MPLS forwarding. If Stephen (or one
of the security ADs) can help find the security person, we can work to
find the forwarding person.

/Loa

--

Loa Andersson                        email: loa@mail01.huawei.com