Re: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-ospf-node-admin-tag-05

<bruno.decraene@orange.com> Tue, 13 October 2015 14:12 UTC

From: bruno.decraene@orange.com
To: Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@MIT.EDU>, Shraddha Hegde <shraddha@juniper.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 14:12:36 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.168.234.5]
Cc: "draft-ietf-ospf-node-admin-tag.all@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-ospf-node-admin-tag.all@ietf.org>, "iesg@ietf.org" <iesg@ietf.org>, "secdir@ietf.org" <secdir@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-ospf-node-admin-tag-05

Hi Ben,

> In section 4.5, I do not see that the constraint "Traffic from A nodes to

> I nodes must not go through R and T nodes" can be satisfied for the

> leftmost pair of A nodes.

Thanks for the careful review.

My mistake. I missed the left part of the network.

I see 2 options:

a) add some network topology on the left part

b) remove the leftmost pair of A nodes.

Option "b" makes the asci art easier to read, but remove some of the complexity of the network hence some part of the use case.

Option "a" would make something like that:

     +----------------------+   +----------------+

     |                       \ /                 |

     |   +-----------------+  x   +---------+    |

     |   |                  \/  \/          |    |

     |   |                +-T-10-T          |    |

     |   |               /  |   /|          |    |

     |   |              /  100 / |          |    |

     |   |             /    | | 100         |    |

     |   |            /   +-+-+  |          |    |

     |   |           /   /  |    |          |    |

     |   |          /   /   R-18-R          |    |

     |   |        10   10  /\   /\          |    |

     |   |        /   /   /  \ /  \         |    |

     |   |       /   /   /    x    \        |    |

     |   |      /   /   10  10 \    \       |    |

     |   |     /   /   /    /   10   10     |    |

     |   |    /   /   /    /     \    \     |    |

     |   |   A-25-A  A-25-A       A-25-A    |    |

     |   |   |    |   \    \     /    /     |    |

     |   |   |    |   201  201  201 201     |    |

     |   |   |    |     \    \ /    /       |    |

     |   |  201  201     \    x    /        |    |

     |   |   |    |       \  / \  /         |    |

    |   |   I-24-I        I-24-I          100  100

Ben, Shraddha, what would be your preference?

(Personally I'm biased as I know the network topology so any asci art seems readable to me)

Thanks,

-- Bruno

Thank you.