[secdir] R: secdir review of draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech

"Salvatore D'Antonio" <salvatore.dantonio@uniparthenope.it> Mon, 03 December 2012 17:15 UTC

From: Salvatore D'Antonio <salvatore.dantonio@uniparthenope.it>
To: 'Dan Harkins' <dharkins@lounge.org>, iesg@ietf.org, secdir@ietf.org, draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech.all@tools.ietf.org
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 18:15:11 +0100
Subject: [secdir] R: secdir review of draft-ietf-ipfix-flow-selection-tech

Dear Dan,

I apologise for my late answer to your comment.

I agree with you. In order to address your comment I modified the new
version of the Internet Draft by proposing that an input to the encryption
process, like the Initialization Vector of the CBC mode, should be used to
prevent that an advisory can predict the selection decision. I have also
replaced the old reference "[GoRe07]" with a reference to "Recommendation
for Block Cipher Modes of Operation, Methods and Techniques", NIST Special
Publication 800-38A 2001 Edition.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best regards,

Salvatore