Re: [secdir] draft-ietf-trill-pseudonode-nickname-06

Mingui Zhang <zhangmingui@huawei.com> Mon, 14 September 2015 03:52 UTC

From: Mingui Zhang <zhangmingui@huawei.com>
To: Carl Wallace <carl@redhoundsoftware.com>, "draft-ietf-trill-pseudonode-nickname.all@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-trill-pseudonode-nickname.all@tools.ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 03:51:58 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.146.93]
Cc: "iesg@ietf.org" <iesg@ietf.org>, "secdir@ietf.org" <secdir@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [secdir] draft-ietf-trill-pseudonode-nickname-06

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the comment.

If the DF fails, the failure will be noted by other member RBridge through LSDB sync. Then the DF election algorithm defined in Section 5.2 will be locally used to determine who is the new DF.
In the transient condition when LSDB has not been sync-ed, there might be packet lost but there is no racing: suppose, RB1 is the old DF before the failure while RB2 is the new DF after RB1 fails according to the election algorithm. If RB2 has been sync-ed while RB3 is not, then RB2 will begin to do forwarding; If RB3 is sync-ed while RB2 is not, then no member RBridge will do the forwarding.

Thanks,
Mingui