Re: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-tls-grease

Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu> Tue, 13 August 2019 17:57 UTC

Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 12:56:56 -0500
From: Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu>
To: Carl Wallace <carl@redhoundsoftware.com>
Cc: Sean Turner <sean@sn3rd.com>, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, secdir@ietf.org, draft-ietf-tls-grease.all@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-tls-grease

It's definitely worth asking, so thank you.

The version number space here seems particularly unique, in that it's not
maintained in a registry and in general each "codepoint" in the space will
have its own dedicated protocol and protocol document.  So in that sense
any act on the version number space cannot be tied down to a single
protocol version's document, and is instead part of the broader ecosystem
for the family of protocols.

-Ben