Subject: Re: [secdir] [Cfrg] ISE seeks help with some crypto drafts
From: Tony Arcieri <[email-masked]>
To: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Cc: Aaron Zauner <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], CFRG <[email-masked]>, "RFC ISE (Adrian Farrel)" <[email-masked]>, secdir <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2019 14:17:45 -0800
List-Id: Security Area Directorate <secdir.ietf.org>

On Sat, Mar 9, 2019 at 2:08 PM Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The answer to "is TLS 1.3 (a standard) using OCB3 (no a standard) a
> standards-track protocol" is not obvious. Well, some people would say it
> is obvious, but would disagree on the value of the boolean response.

Here is the specific wording he is suggesting:

 "Phillip Rogaway offers a royalty-free non-exclusive license to all claims
of the referenced patents needed to realize a fully compliant
implementation of any IETF standards-track protocol supporting AES-OCB (RFC
7253)."

I think he's looking for guidance around how to properly phrase that if
anyone has a more concrete suggestion for how to put it in the form of an
IPR statement.

-- 
Tony Arcieri