Re: [secdir] Secdir review: draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-14

Yoshifumi Nishida <nishida@sfc.wide.ad.jp> Thu, 07 January 2016 08:33 UTC

Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2016 00:33:36 -0800
From: Yoshifumi Nishida <nishida@sfc.wide.ad.jp>
To: Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com>
Cc: Karen Elisabeth Egede Nielsen <karen.nielsen@tieto.com>, draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover.all@ietf.org, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, secdir@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [secdir] Secdir review: draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-failover-14

Hi Robert,

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 7:33 AM, Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com> wrote:

> On 1/6/16 2:31 AM, Karen Elisabeth Egede Nielsen wrote:
>
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> Thanks a lot for your comments.
>> Please find feedback inline below.
>>
>> BR, Karen

With regard to Section 3.2 and Section 4 case you mentioned, both cases
have several possible destinations to send data.
We provide rules to pick a destination, but it might not be the best one as
the knowledge SCTP stack can have is limited. (so, this might be a risk)
So, If users can leverage external knowledge, we tried to allow them to
override the rules. But, I think we don't need to standardize this part as
you point out. Removing it is fine for me.

Thanks,
--
Yoshi