Re: [secdir] sec-dir review of draft-ietf-roll-building-routing-reqs-07

Adrian Farrel <Adrian.Farrel@huawei.com> Sun, 20 September 2009 09:59 UTC

Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 11:00:08 +0100
From: Adrian Farrel <Adrian.Farrel@huawei.com>
To: Derek Atkins <derek@ihtfp.com>, iesg@ietf.org, secdir@ietf.org
Cc: nicolas.riou@fr.schneider-electric.com, jerald.p.martocci@jci.com, pieter.demil@intec.ugent.be, wouter@vooruit.be, roll-chairs@tools.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [secdir] sec-dir review of draft-ietf-roll-building-routing-reqs-07

Hi Derek,

I very much appreciate your review.

It is important to understand that this document specifies requirements that
must/should/etc be satisfied by a protocol designed by the working group.
Thus, there is no question of what should be deployed or what should be
implemented.

That is, the document specifies what must be in the protocol spec. We can
expect the protocol spec to discuss what must be implemented. And either the
protocol spec or an applicability statement would describe what must be
deployed.

So, the concerns you raise would be very important in the final protocol
spec (and I hope the chairs and authors are paying attention), but do not
seem to me to fit in this document.

Thanks,
Adrian