Re: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-cpe-router

Fred Baker <fred@cisco.com> Wed, 11 August 2010 15:32 UTC

From: Fred Baker <fred@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 08:32:28 -0700
To: Ole Troan <ot@cisco.com>, Ron Bonica <ron@bonica.org>
Cc: Chris Donley <C.Donley@cablelabs.com>, secdir@ietf.org, draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-cpe-router.all@tools.ietf.org, cpe-router@external.cisco.com, iesg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-cpe-router

Note from the document shepherd...

The process is that the IESG expects an updated draft in response to comments. However, they usually consider the draft for a while and then TELL you that they want it. It is on the telechat for approval Thursday, and per https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-cpe-router/ has no "discuss" ballots and "enough positions to pass", which appears to be two "no objection" ballots.

Tell me: what is required to address Scott's comments? Is this a big change or a small one? If it is a small enough change, I would suggest that you address it, address Stewart's comment ("expand acronym MLD on first usage"), and pick up three idnits points that have crept in since the draft was last posted:

  Checking references for intended status: Informational

  == Outdated reference: draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-subnet-model has been published
     as RFC 5942

  == Outdated reference: A later version (-05) exists of
     draft-ietf-6man-node-req-bis-04

  == Outdated reference: A later version (-12) exists of
     draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-simple-security-11

And then post it and send a URL to the diffs to the IESG so they can see what you did. That would allow them to send it on tomorrow. If doing that in the next few hours isn't reasonable, then wait for the IESG remarks, which I would expect will sound a lot like what I just said but with a different date.

Ron, your thoughts?

http://www.ipinc.net/IPv4.GIF