Re: [secdir] draft-ietf-ippm-more-twamp-02.txt

Al Morton <acmorton@att.com> Tue, 02 June 2009 19:35 UTC

Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 15:35:44 -0400
To: Donald Eastlake <d3e3e3@gmail.com>, iesg@ietf.org, secdir@ietf.org, Matthew Zekauskas <matt@internet2.edu>, Henk Uijterwaal <henk@ripe.net>, kaynam.hedayat@exfo.com
From: Al Morton <acmorton@att.com>
Subject: Re: [secdir] draft-ietf-ippm-more-twamp-02.txt

Thanks for your comments, Donald, well-sorted through.

I think the following will do it,
Al

5.  Security Considerations
OLD
    The extended mixed-mode of operation permits stronger security/
    integrity protection on the TWAMP-Control protocol while
    simultaneously emphasizing accuracy or efficiency on the TWAMP-Test
    protocol, thus making it possible to increase overall security when
    compared to the previous options.

NEW
    The extended mixed-mode of operation permits stronger security/
    integrity protection on the TWAMP-Control protocol while
    simultaneously emphasizing accuracy or efficiency on the TWAMP-Test
    protocol, thus making it possible to increase overall security when
    compared to the previous options (when resource constraints would
    have forced less security for TWAMP-Control and where unauthenticated
    TWAMP-Test is not a significant concern).