Re: [secdir] secdir review of draft-kanno-tls-camellia

Satoru Kanno <kanno.satoru@po.ntts.co.jp> Wed, 15 June 2011 13:01 UTC

Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 22:00:55 +0900
From: Satoru Kanno <kanno.satoru@po.ntts.co.jp>
To: Sandra Murphy <Sandra.Murphy@sparta.com>
Cc: draft-kanno-tls-camellia@tools.ietf.org, iesg@ietf.org, secdir@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [secdir] secdir review of draft-kanno-tls-camellia

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for your comments.
And I'm sorry for delayed response. Because I was missing your email.

At First, this draft is almost same document structure on RFC6209 (i.e.,
ARIA for TLS).

We reconsidered and revised three parts (3.2 Cipher, 3.4 PSK cipher
suites, and 4. Security Considerations).
The details are follows;

o 3.2 Cipher
I wrote additional information to supplement in this section.
Because this section is not clear on kinds of modes, I wrote additional
paragraph as follows;

    This document describes cipher suites based on Camellia cipher using
    CBC mode and GCM.  The details are follows;

o 3.4 PSK cipher suites
I mainly reviewed references and mapping between RFC and cipher suite.

For references, I removed RFC4279 (only cipher suites based on SHA-1)
and RFC4785 (only NULL encryption) from this section, because we did not
define these cipher suites in our draft.

For mapping between RFC and cipher suite
I wrote additional information to supplement for RFCs.

    PSK cipher suites for TLS are described in RFC5487 [11] as to SHA-
    256/384 and RFC5489 [12] as to ECDHE_PSK.

o 4. Security Considerations
I reviewed and reconsidered on references of section.
I removed RFC4279 (including RFC5487), RFC4785 (not defined in NULL
encryption), RFC5288 (including RFC5487), and GCM (including RFC5116)
from this section.

    The security considerations in previous RFCs (RFC5116 [7], RFC5289
    [10], and RFC5487 [11]) apply to this document as well.

I updated next draft (-03) including some editorial corrections.
Please check this draft.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kanno-tls-camellia/

Regards,
Satoru

--
Satoru Kanno

Security Business Unit
Mobile and Security Solution Business Group
NTT Software Corporation

TEL: +81 45 212 9803       FAX: +81 45 212 9800
e-mail: kanno.satoru@po.ntts.co.jp