Re: [secdir] [Last-Call] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-calext-ical-relations-08

Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu> Wed, 17 November 2021 01:53 UTC

Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 17:53:46 -0800
From: Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu>
To: Michael Douglass <mikeadouglass@gmail.com>
Cc: Catherine Meadows <catherine.meadows@nrl.navy.mil>, secdir@ietf.org, draft-ietf-calext-ical-relations.all@ietf.org, last-call@ietf.org, calsify@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [secdir] [Last-Call] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-calext-ical-relations-08

Hi Michael, Catherine,

Catherine -- thanks for the review!

Michael -- thanks for the proposed text.  It's certainly better than
nothing, and we could iterate further if needed.
In particular, I wonder if we actually want to duplicate some of the
considerations from RFC 3986 that also apply to XML references, such as the
lack of a stability guarantee that fetching the referred-to resource will
actually produce the same results over time and for all entities that might
be performing the fetch operation.

Thanks,

Ben