Re: [Secdispatch] [dispatch] HTTP Request Signing

Justin Richer <jricher@mit.edu> Sat, 02 November 2019 22:39 UTC

From: Justin Richer <jricher@mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 18:38:56 -0400
Cc: dispatch@ietf.org, secdispatch@ietf.org
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Subject: Re: [Secdispatch] [dispatch] HTTP Request Signing

Thanks for the pointer to the BoF, I hadn’t seen that one. I am familiar with the draft you linked though: The main difference is that the draft in question is for a signed response, whereas the draft(s) I’ve pointed at are for a signed request. Yes, they ought to be aligned, but the WG in question seems to be much more focused on packaging responses together than dealing with requests. If that new group also wants to take on request signing, then by all means let’s do it there. But it’s not as clean a match as it might seem on the surface, I think.

 — Justin