Re: [sfc] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-integrity-08: (with COMMENT)

Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu> Wed, 15 September 2021 22:53 UTC

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 15:52:48 -0700
From: Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu>
To: mohamed.boucadair@orange.com
Cc: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-integrity@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-integrity@ietf.org>, "sfc-chairs@ietf.org" <sfc-chairs@ietf.org>, "sfc@ietf.org" <sfc@ietf.org>, "gregimirsky@gmail.com" <gregimirsky@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [sfc] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-integrity-08: (with COMMENT)

Hi Med,

Thanks for taking the PR and making the further edits.

I don't see any changes in §7.5, though -- is it really the expectation
that any node that implements this specification at all is going to be
required to expect that all incoming NSH-bearing messages include the new
context header?  That doesn't really seem deployable.

-Ben