Re: [sfc] Rtgdir last call review of draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-tlv-08

wei.yuehua@zte.com.cn Thu, 28 October 2021 09:14 UTC

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 17:14:02 +0800
From: wei.yuehua@zte.com.cn
To: noreply@ietf.org
Cc: rtg-dir@ietf.org, last-call@ietf.org, draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-tlv.all@ietf.org, sfc@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [sfc] Rtgdir last call review of draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-tlv-08

Dear Stig,
I would like to expand the section of "Security considerations" to the following text:
A misbehaving node from within the SFC-enabled domain may alter the content of the Context Headers, which may lead to service disruption.  Such an attack is not unique to the Context Headers defined in this document. Measures discussed in Section 8 of [RFC8300] describes the general security considerations for protecting NSH.  [I-D.ietf-sfc-nsh-integrity] specifies methods of protecting the integrity of the NSH metadata. If the NSH includes the MAC Context Header, the authentication of the packet MUST be verified before using any data. If the verification fails, the receiver MUST stop processing the variable length context headers and notify an operator.

Please review if this could resolve your comments.
Thanks!

Best Regards,
Yuehua Wei
M: +86 13851460269 E: wei.yuehua@zte.com.cn