[shara] PE-ARP IPv4 address sharing software release

mkarir <mkarir@merit.edu> Mon, 10 May 2010 15:05 UTC

From: mkarir <mkarir@merit.edu>
To: shara@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 11:05:05 -0400
Subject: [shara] PE-ARP IPv4 address sharing software release

All,

We are pleased to announce the public release of our PE-ARP
(Port Enabled ARP) software that allows IPv4 address sharing by
leveraging ARP
and allowing it to include port information in mapping IP
addresses to hardware addresses.  The various pieces of the software
can be found at:

http://software.merit.edu/pe-arp/

In particular the various pieces are (not all pieces are necessary for
all scenarios, but together they address all scenarios):

1: modifed Linux kernel patch which implements a modified ARP protocol
    and ARP table
2: modified ISC DHCP server implementation which implements port-range
management
    for PE-ARP hosts
3: libpearp for aiding applications in SRV lookups which are needed to
allow
    servers to operate in the PE-ARP environment
4: OpenWRT implementation that allows PE-ARP functionality to be
implemented
    on a Linksys wireless router (and shows how a single IP address
obtained
    via a DSL/cable modem can be shared by all devices in a home
without NAT).

Please feel free to download and try the code.  Comments, questions,
and feedback are welcome.

Thanks
-manish

Manish Karir