Re: [shim6] FW: WG Last Call for draft-ietf-shim6-multihome-shim-api

Miika Komu <miika.komu@hiit.fi> Sat, 16 January 2010 12:28 UTC

Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 14:28:29 +0200
From: Miika Komu <miika.komu@hiit.fi>
To: Shinta Sugimoto <shinta.sugimoto@ericsson.com>
Cc: "shim6@ietf.org" <shim6@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [shim6] FW: WG Last Call for draft-ietf-shim6-multihome-shim-api

Shinta Sugimoto wrote:

Hi,

based on some internal discussions between the authors, the out-of-band
stuff (locator notifications from SHIM to the application) should be
actually removed from the draft. It's not supported at all by UDP-based
sockets (at least in Linux). TCP-based apps don't really use recvmsg()
and sendmsg() interface. This part of the API has to be realized in some
other way.