Re: [shim6] Working Group Last Call draft-ietf-shim6-applicability

Alberto García <alberto@it.uc3m.es> Wed, 06 October 2010 09:55 UTC

From: Alberto García <alberto@it.uc3m.es>
To: 'Brian E Carpenter' <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com>, 'Geoff Huston' <gih@apnic.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 11:56:10 +0200
Cc: shim6-chairs@tools.ietf.org, draft-ietf-shim6-applicability@tools.ietf.org, 'shim6' <shim6@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [shim6] Working Group Last Call draft-ietf-shim6-applicability

Hi
Thanks for your review! I include your comments for the next version of the
draft.

Comments inline:

draft-ietf-shim6-applicability@tools.ietf.org;
|  shim6
|  Asunto: Re: [shim6] Working Group Last Call
draft-ietf-shim6-applicability

|  Hi,
|
|  I believe this draft is ready for the IESG. I've noted some minor
|  points below, which could be fixed now or later.
|
|       Brian
|
|  Nits and editorial:
|  ===================
|
|  >    This document may contain material from IETF Documents or IETF
|  >    Contributions published or made publicly available before November
|  >    10, 2008.
|
|  Do we need this bit of legal junk? Unless there is specific old
|  material and its authors are not available to say "OK", there is
|  no need for this. So which old material written by who is included?

Yes, we don't need this part. I change the ipr claim so that this does not
appear.

|  > Regarding to the outbound traffic to H,
|
|  --> Regarding the outbound traffic to H,
|
|  > IPv4 addressed can be
|
|  --> IPv4 addresses can be
|
|  >    [RFC3704] proposes that non-PI addresses should ensure that each
|  >    packet is delivered to the provider related with the prefix of its
|  >    source address.
|
|  This is very contorted English. Maybe:
|
|     [RFC3704] requires that sites using non-PI addresses should ensure
that each
|     packet is delivered to the provider whose prefix matches its source
address.

|  >   These routers maintain as many parallel routing tables
|  >    as valid source prefixes are,
|
|  --> These routers maintain as many parallel routing tables
|     as there are valid source prefixes,
|
|  >    It is worth to note that
|
|  --> It is worth noting that
|
|  >   In particular, the use of HBA/CGA prevents on-path and
|  >    off-path attackers to introduce new locators in the locator set of a
|  >    Shim6 context, preventing redirection attacks [RFC4218].
|
|  --> In particular, the use of HBA/CGA prevents on-path and
|     off-path attackers injecting new locators into the locator set of a
|     Shim6 context, thus preventing redirection attacks [RFC4218].

Made all these changes, thanks again

|    == Outdated reference: A later version (-02) exists of
|       draft-nordmark-shim6-esd-01

Umm. I have a problem with this. I had already noticed that the 'nits' shown
by the IETF tools show
  == Outdated reference: A later version (-02) exists of
     draft-nordmark-shim6-esd-01

However, when I look for the -02 document, I cannot find it. For example,
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nordmark-shim6-esd/ refers to version
-01
In tools.ietf.org, only -01 is available
(http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-nordmark-shim6-esd-01.txt - if 02 is tried,
it is redirected to 01)
Google cannot find the document for me, too.
So, it is not clear to me whether I should use 01 or 02 in the citation.

Regards,
Alberto