Re: [sidr] Confeds and clusters

"John G. Scudder" <jgs@bgp.nu> Tue, 19 June 2012 19:19 UTC

From: "John G. Scudder" <jgs@bgp.nu>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 15:19:26 -0400
To: Jakob Heitz <jakob.heitz@ericsson.com>
Cc: sidr wg list <sidr@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sidr] Confeds and clusters

In addition to Wes and Randy's observations about trust boundaries, it's also the case that mechanically, the confederation embeds its loop prevention information in the AS path, so we have to have *some* way of dealing with it since bgpsec is monkeying with the AS path. The same problem doesn't exist for the cluster list since it's a separate attribute.

--John