Re: [sidr] remote participation experience today

"Murphy, Sandra" <Sandra.Murphy@sparta.com> Thu, 29 March 2012 23:45 UTC

From: "Murphy, Sandra" <Sandra.Murphy@sparta.com>
To: "Roque Gagliano (rogaglia)" <rogaglia@cisco.com>, "sidr@ietf.org" <sidr@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 23:45:03 +0000
x-originating-ip: [157.185.63.137]
Subject: Re: [sidr] remote participation experience today

I agree with the point of putting slide numbers on slides and with making that a requirement got future presentations.

As for webex.   There are features of webex that might be useful in remote participation - letting a remote participant manage the slides, some control over remote participants asking questions, and so forth. The telecon is a good feature for those who want to participate orally (as long as there's a good way to get audio into the room).   I am not an expert, so I do not know that the benefit is worth the setup cost on both ends.

There is a BOF on Friday afternoon's last session "Remote Participation System Requirements BOF" that is trying to form some ideas in this regard.  Providing input to that (or just listening for ideas) would be good.

--Sandy