Re: [sidr] Interim Meeting Dates/Locations (Proposed)

Christopher Morrow <> Wed, 28 March 2012 08:05 UTC

Return-Path: <>
Received: from localhost (localhost []) by (Postfix) with ESMTP id 22CC821F88DA for <>; Wed, 28 Mar 2012 01:05:07 -0700 (PDT)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: -103.547
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-103.547 tagged_above=-999 required=5 tests=[AWL=0.052, BAYES_00=-2.599, RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW=-1, USER_IN_WHITELIST=-100]
Received: from ([]) by localhost ( []) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id Uugsh7miRn+a for <>; Wed, 28 Mar 2012 01:05:06 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from ( []) by (Postfix) with ESMTP id 3064D21F8961 for <>; Wed, 28 Mar 2012 01:05:06 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by obbtb4 with SMTP id tb4so1168221obb.31 for <>; Wed, 28 Mar 2012 01:05:05 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;; s=20120113; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=nxnsZYUrE91lAncI+L8vPfxXZJka0UR7iv4K3xWmYqM=; b=cYI4SK9CQPOYBQKcu5iXgbAuviEDJoLfRzhuO6/aOkgLpADAiuiBpSBxq6ER1ocM86 xboVm3YQ7wg7nuG5lYObSKtqyZqr82w8WPjGav5TpJy3KyYOqbBtgWEjvkP3Gb6zSYig 2LUEgXGZRRzTMDJHExlZdE5Sn7zgdBG7HOScuhXOiGqDfHcfnMsASertiYWDut120SHQ tEPY7VLhOossc69ppIAXnQvIy0YB6vmTkDGcq6D/6cUp+iPt9PA6bnkYFIx9B+tQgO7j MLKQnyIAXGOyh3GhzGJovk4EVrmR8Nl2lNGMNHrVGJAmk37rVk099Wxs9itX2Eyo8HxA ozlg==
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by with SMTP id vu4mr35992467obb.61.1332921905716; Wed, 28 Mar 2012 01:05:05 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by with HTTP; Wed, 28 Mar 2012 01:05:05 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <>
References: <> <>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 04:05:05 -0400
X-Google-Sender-Auth: GJLVPgYIOGFNh74kYgwbzgx3Rz8
Message-ID: <>
From: Christopher Morrow <>
To: Matt Lepinski <>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Re: [sidr] Interim Meeting Dates/Locations (Proposed)
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.12
Precedence: list
List-Id: Secure Interdomain Routing <>
List-Unsubscribe: <>, <>
List-Archive: <>
List-Post: <>
List-Help: <>
List-Subscribe: <>, <>
X-List-Received-Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 08:05:07 -0000

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Matt Lepinski <> wrote:
> Terry,
> On 3/27/2012 4:22 PM, Terry Manderson wrote:
>> I feel like the Monday meeting was a bit of a lost opportunity. I
>> appreciate

see previous gzip compression message :( I think we tried to stuff
8hrs of content into ~2hrs.
I think we ought to revisit the content at the next opportunity, which
is probably ~4/30/2012-ish.

>> that the presenters made effort in presenting, and making slides and
>> presenting ideas. However I feel like the "RPKI over Bittorrent" really
>> needed focused discussion on what the problem is, and a resulting
>> definition
>> of what RPKI needs in a requirements spec to address the problems that
>> were
>> alluded (and BTW I am more than happy to help form that set of
>> requirements).
> I see your point here. However, I am personally very grateful to Rob for his
> BitTorrent experiment. I believe that the choke point of the global RIR

i'd like to see a conversation about how this method worked/s and what
impacts other transport mechanisms may have on the distribution of the
data we care about. I think there's room for alternates, the
bittorrent experiment seems to show that... so do comments at the mic
by martin levy and others.

> repositories is a vital challenge in RPKI deployment. I think the working
> group would benefit from spending significant bandwidth thinking about this
> challenge and I see Rob's presentation as a very reasonable way to get the
> ball rolling.

sure. probably also writing down the 'what are we trying to solve'
with this distribution system would be good to document (terry's call
for requirements).